Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Final Book Project-Poem Visualization

The poem that I chose for my final project is titled Cloony the Clown by Shel Silverstein. I chose this poem because I wanted to do a child's poem, but it also has a feeling of despair in it making it relative to all ages. I did all of the textual work and images in Illustrator, and the typeface I used is Chalkboard. I took a couple of the words in the poem and made them look the way they sound. For example, I took the words "green and blue", and made them green and blue. I took the word "tall" and stretched it, and I took the word "shook" and used the tools to make it wavy. I then took images from online and made them look like cartoon images. I created two ellipses on each page and cut out the center to put in the clown nose. I glued the clown nose, hair, bow-tie and arm to the back of the book so it is always showing when you look at each page. I drew the face on the cover with pencils and the same face on the back. I did the front and back cover in foam board and covered the hair with fabric. I was overall happy with the turnout of my project, and I am glad that I was able to finally understand Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment